Update: November 12, 2012: this position has been filled. Announcement of appointment forthcoming.
The mission of the Youth Ministry Leader is to provide leadership for the youth at Streetsville United Church, based on Christian fellowship and the acknowledgment of Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.
It would be expected that the Youth Ministry Leader’s expression of faith be in essential agreement with the doctrine of the United Church of Canada as stated in the Basis of Union.
Basic elements of a Youth Program would be:
|Discipleship||To encourage and assist youth to grow in their Christian Faith|
|Evangelism||To joyously and enthusiastically attract members within the church and new members from the surrounding community.|
|Community||To provide a community of belonging and safety for youth and to provide guidance and support to individual youth as opportunities arise.|
|Service||To provide youth with opportunities to live out their faith through service to others.|
|Leadership||To foster growth by providing opportunities for youth to take leadership and planning roles.|
Functions and Priorities
- Lead a senior youth group (Secondary School Level) on alternate weeks.
- Lead a Junior Youth Group (Middle School Level) on alternate weeks.
- In fulfilling the program elements as outlined, program format would include devotions/worship/Bible study, interactive discussion, social activities and outreach activities
- Teach high school Sunday school class using a curriculum provided by or approved by the Christian Education committee
- Provide leadership for and encourage occasional youth participation in Sunday worship services
- Maintain accurate records of participants including contact information and attendance
- Develop a volunteer base of parents and church members to assist with youth programs
- Provide parents with regular updates on program and upcoming events
- Liaise with the minister, Christian Education committee and other church leaders to identify opportunities for youth participation in the wider church